Division of Minority and Women's Business Development
Welcome to the
Division of Minority
and Women's Business Development (DMWBD).
The mission of DMWBD is to promote equality of economic
opportunities for MWBEs and to eliminate barriers to their
participation in state contracts. We supplement New York State’s economic leadership with
information and resources that increase access to
information and opportunities for minority and women-owned
businesses throughout the State.
Our key objectives:
- To encourage and assist state agencies that are engaged in contracting activities to award a fair share of state contracts to MWBEs.
- To review applications by businesses seeking certification as an MWBE and to maintain a directory of certified MWBEs.
- To promote the business development of MWBEs through education and outreach to agencies and MWBEs.
MWBD QUICK HITS
“The State of Minority- and Woman-Owned
Business Enterprise: Evidence from New York,” is a study of the participation of minority and
women-owned business enterprises (MWBEs) in state contracts, and will help support the State's initiatives aimed at supporting business opportunities for the MWBE community and to evaluate its current programs.
- Bridge to Success Loan Program
- Business Mentor NY
- ESD Hurricane Sandy: Disaster Relief
- New York State Disparity Study Recommendations
- New York State Disparity Study Webcast
- Directorio de Programas que Ofrece el Estado de Nueva York para Pequeñas Empresas
- DASNY MWBE Registry
- ESD's Government Contracts Page
- Contact MWBE Certification
- NYS Superstorm Sandy Small Business Recovery Program
- HURRICANE SANDY: Business Information Form
- ESD Sandy Business Outreach Album
Small Businesses HOTLINE: 1-855-NYS-SANDY (7263)
Governor Andrew M. Cuomo announced that the New York Bankers Association (NYBA) and the New York Business Development Corporation (NYBDC) have agreed to establish a $10 million small business emergency loan fund to provide immediate financial assistance for businesses impacted by Storm Sandy.
Under the fund, businesses will be able to apply for low-interest loans of up to $25,000 immediately. For more information on the program and how to apply, visit ESD Hurricane Sandy: Disaster Relief or call 1-855-NYS-SANDY.